The New Riverview and Brandywine Communities
cares about the health of you and your family.
We are committed to doing everything we can to help our residents that might be affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). First and foremost, yours and your family’s health are our primary concern. We sincerely hope you and your loved ones are able to avoid the effects of this virus. This message contains important procedural updates The New Riverview is taking to keep residents safe and healthy
There are no reported cases of COVID-19 at Riverview.
However, as each day passes and with a greater number of reported positive cases of Covid-19, it is likely that our residents and care givers who are out-and-about in the community may be exposed to a greater degree.
We encourage you to remain cautious knowing that, with the current surge in positive cases, our vulnerability increases.
It is vacation season and we implemented safety policies for those employees who travel outside of PA by plane. We are encouraging all employees, whether they are vacationing or are out after work hours, to be responsible, wash hands, wear masks, and social distance themselves at all possible times. We also keep screening all incoming traffic into the building and check everyone’s temperatures.
We will continue to do our best to keep in place all infection prevention protocols including restricting guests.
Reminders About Staying Healthy
We are taking steps to stem the impact of the virus on our operations. It’s important we take precautions to prevent the spread of germs during this outbreak.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone should:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.