Monday, November 29, 2021
We recommend you stay safe and remain diligent with regard to COVID. Positivity rates are rising quickly. Anything over five percent is considered high. In Allegheny and surrounding counties, rates are nearing ten percent or more, back to the levels we experienced a year ago.
JAA has revised visitation policies at AHAVA in keeping with recommendations from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
New guidelines make it possible for visits with loved ones to be open without making prior arrangements or appointments, depending on size of the visiting party. For larger groups, we ask that you continue to call the community in advance so we can expect you.
Important things to remember with regard to visits:
- PPE regulations remain. Approved, well-fitting masks MUST be worn by both the visitor and resident, if tolerated. Fabric masks are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- You must wear a mask whenever you are inside AHAVA. This includes visits inside resident suites.
- There continues to be no hugging or kissing without masks.
- No eating or drinking by visitors is permitted inside AHAVA.
- Disinfecting hands and following safe distance recommendations continue.
- The space where you are visiting determines how many people should be in your visiting party because close quarters where six feet of distance between people cannot be maintained is prohibited.
- All visitors must continue to sign in and out at kiosks.
For all of the details on visits to AHAVA, including policies on medical visits, outings, pets, and more, click here.
To learn more about changes in visitation at Weinberg Terrace and Weinberg Village, click here.