Updated Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6:30 PM
TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL RISK TO OUR RESIDENTS
JAA is now at Level 2 in our preparations for the coronavirus
As recommended by health officials, JAA has confirmed the following:
LEVELS OF CORONAVIRUS PREPAREDNESS PROTOCOLS FOR ALL JAA FACILITIES*
- Screen & restrict JAA visitors, staff, caregivers, volunteers, and home visits for cough, fever, or shortness of breath OR travel to high risk areas both domestically and internationally.
- Discourage non-essential visits, limit visits to a pre-identified family member per resident, and restrict visits to only in the resident’s room
- Discourage volunteers from entering
- Limit vendors from entering
- Restrict resident groups from off-campus activities
- Eliminate congregate meals at Riverview Apartments
LEVEL 2 - NOW IN EFFECT WITH CONFIRMED CASES IN ALLEGHENY and CONTIGUOUS COUNTIES
- Continue restrictions from Level 1 AND
- Further limit visits for situations where there is a significant issue or change in condition of the resident
- Restrict non-essential visitors from entering
- Restrict vendors from entering on an as-needed basis
- Restrict volunteers from entering
- Restrict congregate meals
- When resident group activities need to occur, they will be unit-based and social distancing will be enforced; alternative activities will be provided
LEVEL 3 - IN THE EVENT OF ANY CASE OF CORONAVIRUS CONFIRMED WITHIN JAA
- Continue restrictions from Level 1 & Level 2 AND
- Restrict ALL VISITORS except with significant change in condition or in end-of-life situations, requiring proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Restrict all resident activities in a group setting
- Institute quarantine which may include a full lockdown
- Uphold 24/7 on-site presence of essential staff
Our goal is to ALWAYS maintain the highest standards of safety for our residents, staff, and community.
THANK YOU for your support of JAA during these challenging times.
*Subject to change based on public health emergency directives applying to JAA sites and community services located on our main campus on Browns Hill Road and on Bartlett Street in Squirrel Hill.