Special Care And Understanding At A Most Difficult Time
When you or your loved one seek support as life’s journey comes to an end.
Hospice is a way of caring for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Our approach to hospice care is about life and well-being. We provide needed care and support, honor wishes, and are by your side until the last minute of life.
Our patients and families establish relationships with our compassionate team of hospice specialists, all of whom provide support and ensure that no one faces this difficult time alone.
Our care team supports you in your home or other location of your choice, among family and friends.
We focus on your quality of life and include you and your family in treatment plans.
- Your spiritual, physical, and emotional needs are our priority.
- Your wishes come first.
- Your choices include innovative and holistic approaches, if requested.
Your hospice team includes:
- Medical Director
- Your Primary Care Physician or Physician of Choice
- Registered Nurses
- Medical Social Workers
- Home Health Aides
- Spiritual and Bereavement Counselors
- Specially Trained Volunteers
Palliative care is for those who have a life-limiting illness but are not ready for hospice or are still receiving curative treatment. Our palliative care program offers expert treatment of pain and continuity of care in a private residence or senior living center.
Our highly skilled team offers expert assistance with symptom management. If needed, we can help patients transition to hospice.
Medicare Care Choices
When you need more care choices during life-limiting illness
Sivitz Hospice offers Medicare beneficiaries concurrent treatment and supportive care. Care Choices is for individuals with certain life-limiting illnesses (including COPD, CHF, HIV, advanced cancer) who meet defined Medicare criteria. We work with your PCP or specialist to coordinate care while you continue treatment and:
- Help you and your physician plan care, make decisions, and set individualized goals.
- Coordinate with other healthcare providers to help meet your needs
- Provide around-the-clock access to skilled nurses to help manage your pain and symptoms
- Provide access to interdisciplinary team of staff who support you and your family in shared decision-making and care planning.
- Provide additional support which may include dietary guidance, social services, and spiritual and counseling services.
Ask us about this option if you think you might qualify.
Bereavement services are an essential and intricate part of the hospice program, and Sivitz Hospice is committed to supporting families during the grieving period following the loss of a loved one. Bereavement support is tailored to meet the unique needs of each family. We are committed to providing ongoing support for as long as it’s needed.
Hospice & Palliative Care are usually covered by
- Medicare HMOs
- Many private insurances
For more information, contact Stacey Tabanli, RN, Director of Professional Services, 412-422-5700, firstname.lastname@example.org, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.