Friday, March 6, 2020 6 PM
Today JAA began screening all visitors, staff, caregivers, volunteers, and home visits. Staff is filling out and signing questionnaires; visitors who come into any of our communities must first stop and sign in at a security kiosk and answer two questions about their status when they check in:
1. Have you traveled to China, Iran, Japan, South Korea, or Italy or been in contact with anyone who has in the past 14 days?
2. Do you currently have a cough, fever or shortness of breath?
If the answer is YES to either of these questions, we ask that the person DOES NOT ENTER ANY OF JAA'S COMMUNITIES including JAA Main campus buildings:
- Charles Morris Nursing & Rehab Center
- AHAVA Memory Care Center
- Weinberg Village (including Anathan Club and Arbor)
- Outpatient rehab
And in downtown Squirrel Hill:
- Weinberg Terrace
- PT at the JCC
By not entering our buildings, we help with the spread of germs throughout JAA..
We do understand exceptions will be made, but only on a case-by-case basis, depending on extenuating circumstances.
Other precautions to prevent infection at JAA include:
- Instituting a multi-level approach to actions we will take in the event of confirmed cases either in Allegheny County or within JAA
- Canceling all large groups of visitors, such as school classes
- Canceling large group outings for residents
- Restricting entry to and exit from Charles Morris via the West Entrance
- Restricting access for vendors on an as-needed basis
- Increasing protocols for handwashing of all staff and residents as well as facility cleaning with special effort given to high-touch areas (doorknobs, light switches, etc)
- Instituting mandatory Town Hall Meetings for all staff to get updates on JAA preparations and precautions
- Conducting daily update meetings with key front line staff
- Conducting daily calls with the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Allegheny County Health Department, and other state and national organizations
- Coordinating efforts with partner agencies
- Updating JAA's website to include the most recent developments
If you have concerns about your health, the health of your loved ones, or have questions about how JAA remains vigilant regarding the coronavirus, please email email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.