JAA Volunteers Return. What you need to know.
The staff and residents at the Jewish Association on Aging are thrilled and grateful to have you back on our JAA campus. Thank you for the work you do!
Before you are able to volunteer at JAA, there are some things you need to know:
- You must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination. Please have your vaccination card available so that we may make a copy for our files.
- Upon entering the building, you must check in at the kiosk and answer all screening questions.
- Please do not volunteer at JAA if you feel ill in any way, or if you have had any exposure to a COVID positive individual within the last 14 days.
- All staff, volunteers, and vendors in the facility are required to wear a mask at all times. However, per our current policies, vaccinated residents do not have to wear masks if dining or during activities.
- All staff, volunteers, and vendors in the facility are required to social distance except when their work requires close contact. However, vaccinated residents do not have to social distance from each other during dining or activities.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all staff and volunteers are required to wear face shields along with their mask when they are in direct contact with residents. This includes assisting them during activities and meals.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the facility, then sanitize or wash your hands frequently during your visit, particularly when you do the following:
- Prior to entering a resident room
- Upon leaving a resident room
- Touching a resident and/or their personal belongings
- Before and after assisting a resident with meals or activities
- If you switch from assisting one resident to assist another, sanitize or wash hands in between
Residents and staff are so happy to see you again. Welcome back!